Monday, February 28, 2011

Stop drop and GTFO

I'm just going to start by saying who the F*** has fire drills at 9:00 pm at night? Isn't that shit usually done in the mornings? I'm stuck at work closing down my dept alone backed up like hell and I have to go dashing out the emergency exit like a jackass because they decide its important for the 12 some-odd people left in the store (also all backed up or they'd be home) to have a drill. I guess if anything I learned where the evac point is. If the Loss Prevention manager didn't run with me to where I was supposed to be going I would've been wandering out the wrong side of the building like an idiot.Trying to find where everyone is gathering.

That was my weekend in a nutshell, stupid bullshit lol. On a more calm point my friend, who has just been raiding the Xbox LIVE store since he got it hooked up, has talked me into getting the remake of the original Perfect Dark. Its one hell of a nostalgia bomb thats for sure. I played the hell out of the original on the Nintendo 64. I think it was also one of the first shooters to have botmatch AI in a deathmatch type mode. Games like Goldeneye had no AI apart from story mode. Game also looks really nice in its remake. Don't get me wrong, it looks like crap, just polished crap. All of the textures were redone in HD which looks really nice. Some of the models were redone to look much more detailed although still low poly which lessens the strain on the eyes. All in all we played it for about 3 hours straight trying to get through co-op mode and it was pretty fun. My control on it was godawful though. I couldn't hit shit even WITH aim assist on till about the third or fourth stage. I have no idea how I played games like this in the past on controllers.

7 comments:

  1. Lol, I spent a decent amount of time on Perfect Dark. The bots were pretty good for N64! and you could have like a ton of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember playing perfect dark on n64 with my friends, fun times especially the sentry weapons

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect dark is one of the best games ever amde

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky that you ran into Loss Prevention guy. They always use to walk us out during ones in my college. It was a super small building too, no idea why they felt the need to show us the front and back door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fire drills at night are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fire drill at night means they get their mandated quote of fire drills in with the fewest amount of people necessary making it go faster. Completely counter to the point, but no one mandated how many people had to participate, just that it occurred.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They could not be serious with that! That had to have been a joke! Why would they do it that late?

    ReplyDelete